Buying a Home in Austin
Welcome to Austin Home Shop, the best resource for buying a home in Austin, Texas. Here you can find extensive information on top communities and neighborhoods, research all available Austin homes for sale and get connected with Israel Gutierrez, one of Austin's top real estate brokers. If you are new to the home buying process, please request a complimentary copy of our comprehensive Home Buyer's Guide.
1. Get Prequalified
Through trial and error we have managed to narrow the list of mortgage bankers and lenders to a select few top professionals. If you would like to get preapproved by a mortgage broker, please complete the form below and we will put you in touch with our top three trusted partners.
2. Get Your Questions Answered
If you are considering making the move to the Austin Area, feel free to request our FREE RELOCATION GUIDE. Just click the link, and we'll be happy to deliver the guide to you at no charge. You'll also want to explore our Communities page and read about some of the different areas, and what you can expect from that location.
3. Shop the Latest Listings in Austin
Our powerful Austin home search tool allows you to search through all available Austin Texas homes the way you want to search: by City, Neighborhood, Zip Code, School Boundary or Builder or even use the Polygon Search to search by highlighting an area on the map. Sometimes your not sure what neighborhood you want and this tool let's you select a general geographic locations and save the criteria to your account. Once you choose an area, we make it easy to find foreclosures or short sales, waterfront homes, golf course homes, homes on acreage, homes with pools, homes in gated communities, homes with a view and much more. In addition to normal price, bedrooms, baths, etc., we show you all the details that others hide: days on market, amount reduced, price per square foot, property tax rate, estimated property tax amount, property tax exemptions, HOA dues and Elementary, Middle and High School zoning. We link listings to Google Maps where you can see a Satellite Map and you can also view Bing's Bird's Eye View. We also provide up to 25 high resolution photos, a virtual tour when available, and detailed neighborhood demographics. You can easily save your search, keep track of your favorites and have the newest homes for sale in Austin that meet your criteria emailed to you daily.
4. Be Represented
There is so much more to hiring a buyer's agent than getting access to Austin houses and a concierge to show you around. While it is possible to buy a home without an agent, the experience often proves to be more challenging than many expect. These are the top 3 reasons to hire an agent:
- 1. Representation: Unless you are buying a property that is for sale by owner, the seller has professional representation on their side. By negotiating directly with the sellers agent you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage since their agent is legally bound to share everything you tell them in order to get the best deal for their client. You wouldn't go into a courtroom without a lawyer, so why risk the biggest purchase in your life in buying a home without representation.
- 2. Information: The only way to determine the correct price of a home is to analyze the prices at which similar homes recently sold in the same neighborhood. While there are a variety of online resources for finding homes for sale, there are no consumer websites that provide home sales data in the Austin-area. This information is only available to REALTORS through their membership with the local Multilple Listing Service. While many consumers look to Zillow or Trulia for this information in other areas, Zillow & Trulia do not have the actual prices of homes that sold in the Austin-area.
- 3. Experience: When you have an experienced Buyer's Agent working for you their primary job is to keep you from making a mistake. The knowledge they gain from working with so many clients throughout their career is invaluable when it comes to helping you pick the right Austin area house, on the right street, in the right neighborhood. This experience also comes into play when they are negotiating on your behalf as they often have intimate knowledge of the pros and cons of similar homes that recently sold. Once you are under contract to purchase a home, your buyer's agent will help you locate a great inspector, negotiate repairs with the seller, get estimates from trustworthy contractors and obtain financing from the most reputable lenders.
When you're ready to get professional representation, fill out the form below and get linked with Israel Gutierrez, a Top Austin Real Estate Broker.
5. Find the Perfect Austin Home
Once you have been pre-qualified by a lender, narrowed down your home search and retained a buyer's agent its time to get in the car and go look at some homes. For most people, this is the fun part, and it should be. Buying a home is most important purchase most people make in their lifetime. Having an experienced professional in your corner will save you time, give you peace of mind and most likely save you a great deal of $$$.
- Are You a First Time Home Buyer: take a look at our comprehensive guide to you first home purchase.
- Use the Mortgage Calculator to figure out what your mortgage payments will be on the home you want.
Connect to a Professional: Contact us anytime you need to know more about the area or any property that interests you. When you're ready to take the next step toward purchasing a home, we're here to help.
Out-of-Country Purchases: We can help you buy property here, even if you're in another country.
Please fill out the form below and our qualified agents will be in contact to help you get started on your home search:
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.